The list of FBFC Club French Bulldog Member Breeders, have signed our Code of Ethics and have agreed to be contacted by persons seeking French Bulldog puppies or adult dogs.
The FBFC does not endorse or recommend these breeders. If you elect to use this list you are agreeing that any transactions between you and any of these individuals are strictly between you and that member. The FBFC will not be held responsible for any conflict that may occur, and by use of this list, you agree that you release the FBFC from any and all claims, damages, liability and expense.
THE GOLDEN RULES: FINDING A REPUTABLE BREEDER
- Always visit the kennel or home.
- Make certain the dam (mother) is on the premises and available for you to see.
- Ask to see health certificates and records of visits to the veterinarian.
- Insist upon being provided with a signed bill of sale stating the puppy is being sold as a purebred.
- Insist upon being provided with a written guarantee.
- Confirm that the dog has been permanently and uniquely identified with tattoo or microchip.
- Confirm CKC registration of the parents, the litter and the puppy you are about to purchase.
- Ask if the breeder is a member of the CKC.
One advantage of purebred dogs is that the qualities of each generation (size, coat, temperament) are passed on to the next. Purebred dogs are sold through various channels but the only source we recommend is from a knowledgeable breeder who specializes in your breed of choice. Visit a number of breeders and compare the dogs, the facilities and the breeders. Make your final purchase from someone you are comfortable with and who you feel you can trust beyond the day of purchase to be as concerned about your puppy’s future as you are.